Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Nadal crushes Federer to enter Miami final

Sony Ericsson Open, Rafael Nadal, Tennis News, Tennis, Sports, Sports news, top sports headlines, Top Sports News

Miami: World number one Rafael Nadal produced some outstanding tennis to crush long standing rival Roger Federer 6-3 6-2 on Friday and reach the final of the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami.

Nadal, who now has a 15-8 record in meetings between the two, dominated from the outset and was superior in all elements of the game.

"I think I played a very, very good match, very solid and serious. In the first set especially I think I played very, very well," Nadal told reporters.

Nadal crushes Federer to enter Miami final

"In the second set I think he played worse. He had more mistakes than usual. He tried to play shorter points, so I think second set he didn't play well."

The Spaniard was devastating with his serve, particularly in the first set, winning 16 of his 18 service points.

In the second he took full advantage of some unusually loose returns, especially on forehand, from the Swiss world number three.

A packed, 14,500 crowd under the lights had hoped for a tighter contest and urged Federer to lift his game but the Swiss had just one break point in the match.

"He played tough and he played good when he had to and I didn't do that. So it's disappointing for me," said Federer.

"I didn't think I served poorly, but Rafa did well and got a lot of balls back.

"I was just not good on the offensive tonight, and that kind of took all the opportunities away to create something," said Federer who will now head to Monaco to begin the European clay court season.

Nadal is searching for his first title in this Masters 1000 Series event at Key Biscayne and will be seeking revenge for Djokovic's victory over him at Indian Wells two weeks ago.

Djokovic has won his last 25 matches, stretching back into last year.

"He's winning all his matches very easily. He hasn't lost a match this year, so we'll see is what's going to happen. He's playing fantastic tennis," Nadal added.

"I've got to play very well all the match if I want to have any chance. I have to play aggressive tennis and I have to play all the points, and that's what I (am) going to try to do."

Read more at:http://ibnlive.in.com/news/nadal-crushes-federer-to-enter-miami-final/148013-5-22.html

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.